Research issues are listed below and we aim at creating specialized subgroups:
1- Extensions and applications of Taylor's law
2- Modeling of abundance
3- Population dynamics
4- Time series issues: isotonicity, causality, covariates, selection
5- Partly observed processes and applications
6- Random fields, space time models and their use
7- Risks and data based studies
The composition of Subgroups needs exchanges proposals and discussions.
If you are interested email: doukhan(at)cyu.fr.
Online Conference, September 9-11, 2020:
Opening EcoDep workshop.
CIRM Workshop, September 14-18, 2020:
New Results on Time Series and their Statistical Applications.
As soon as possible... we will organise real meetings
- Yearly conferences will be organised at MIR and CIRM to work out a dynamic for the group. They will also welcome speakers and researchers exterior to this project.
One conference should be organised jointly with MMB Chair.
- Regular seminar at IHP, Paris.
- Regular internal workshop at MIR, Neuville-Cergy.
Master-level lectures in the Master of Mathematics of CYU
Selected Master students in the project will attend the course.
Items of the course will include:
- Taylor’s laws and self normalised expressions
- Models of population dynamics
- Causality and parcimonious modelling for time series with covariates
- Time series in population dynamics; use of integer valued time series models
- Isotonic models and estimation; application to global warming
- Internships at the master level will be proposed within the project
Internships will be proposed in the various sites associated with the project, including Cergy and the other sites associated with the project. A company, deeply involved in sustainable development, will support the project Eco-Dep Biotope, biodiversity and ecosystem specialists. We plan to collaborate with this company on questions such as the problem of avoiding that bats suffer too much from the rotation of the blades of wind turbines; for this it will be necessary to optimize their operating hours while sparing this protected species.
2 two-years Postdocs are planned.
Applications to a Postdoc position opens on July 1st
Period: October 1st 2020-2021 (renewable)